Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My 40th Birthday! Wait, Did I Just Say 40?

First of all, how the heck did this happen? It seemed like yesterday I was 20....
 
But I have to say, even though I'm older, I feel better about myself than in my 20's and more sure of myself/opinions. I'm not afraid to hold back on what I believe in.  I feel like I value my friendships for what they truly are. I don't try to "get people to like me". You either do or you don't. Having said that, I'm still a work in progress. I'm still working on many aspects of personality. I think my biggest fear about growing older is being cast aside and ignored, not valued, but heck, that could happen at any time....right?
 
But on this special day, I was surrounded by people that love me. And couldn't have asked for a better birthday party.
 
First of all, I couldn't have asked for a better tiara. Sophia picked it!
 
 
Love this little girl. Such an honor that God chose me to be her mother.

Present time!


 
















Chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert. Yum!


1 comment:

Allison said...

Lucky you, you got your mom's genes and look GREAT!! Glad to hear you had a fabulous birthday. Fab and forty… sounds pretty perfect!