Saturday, May 28, 2011

Our First Crawfish Boil

We were invited to our first craw fish boil ever this Saturday. Our friends, through Sophia's PK, had invited us over for their annual event. Sophia was a little hesitant at first.
But a swing ride later, she was fine.



Until she let go and landed fast down in the grass. Luckily, it was a soft landing. She shook it off and went right on playing.

There's the cook, Brandon.

And there are the craw fish.
Sophia wasn't very receptive to them. Apparently, she prefers snakes and fish.



I'll be honest, I have no idea how to peel a craw fish so I made Russell do it for me. Bless you Russell! Otherwise, I'd have been covered from head to toe in craw fish mess.


It was fun but HOT  out there! The craw fish were yummy. It felt like I was in the movie Steel Magnolias.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Well, those are always a lot of fun but stinky! I must say that I am not a crawfish fan but I am glad you enjoyed them. I say stick to the snakes and fish, Sophia! (to look at right, not eat...)

Unknown said...

We had a crawfish boil tonight---- yummy!