Monday, September 10, 2012

Is it Fall Yet?

Every year around this time, I always ask the question, "Is it Fall Yet?". Only because by this point, I'm so sick of the high 90's-100 degree days. And no matter how many times I ask that question, I'm always met with more 100 degree days (You have to be tough to live in Texas for sure). However, this past weekend was the exception. So I'm recording it here on the blog. Our high on Sat. was around 85. Slightly higher on Sun. But we still kept our windows open both days. And this was with full sun! And there was a great breeze. So all in all, perfect weather for the weekend. And I could just feel Fall on the horizon. There is hope!

It was also a momentous day for Texas A & M. They played their first game in the SEC. Didn't win but came really close. Great start to their season (and I always love when Russell's teams win...the whole house is just happier). 
Just had to capture Russell trying to fix Sophia's hair. Too funny! I always know how he's feeling based on his brow. 

And of course, Sophia wanted to take all her bikes, scooters and big wheels for a ride. She can actually reach the pedals now and make it move all by herself.



What a great weekend!
P.S. On a side note, just in case anyone hasn't heard. We no longer have Myra. Amy and Jack really wanted her back, so we gave her back. Broke my heart to hear that Jack was praying each day to get his doggy back. 

2 comments:

Allison said...

Wahoo! A break in the heat! Happy Fall, almost! Sorry about Myra. That sounds awful for Jack though (and now Sophia?). Do you plan to get another dog or was that little time enough. How is Sophia?

Anonymous said...

Haha! Mr. Whistle and the brow...love it! Hooray for fall...gig 'em!
Tricia