Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

On Thursday, Santa flew into River Trails via helicopter. We lined all the kids up in our parking lot. Here's Sophia waiting.
She was pretty excited.



Although her interest began to wan.



I felt lucky to be there to capture all of this with my camera (and to enjoy it with her).

Where is he?


She must be imagining her Christmas list here...


Wait! There he is!
Here she is with her 6th grade reading buddy.

He's getting closer.



It was cute to watch the 6th graders with their buddies.





Get ready! If you blink, you'll miss him!


There's Rudolph!





And Frosty!

I think she loved the entire experience. Although, she did tell me that she didn't think he was the real Santa. She said he just didn't look like the real one. I think maybe she was comparing him to the Rogers-O'Brien Christmas brunch Santa. That's the only one she's really known.
 
Later that day, I got to pop into her class party (we'd traded conference times with other grade levels). I arrived just as they finished eating the cookies that they'd decorated.




They did a book exchange for gifts. To find out who they exchanged with, they did this walking activity. When the music stopped, you landed on a Christmas clip art square on the floor. Mrs. Hoss drew a square from the bag and whoever was on that square got to pick.

Needless to say, it took a while.









Once everyone had a book, they opened their gift.



I could tell Sophia wasn't feeling 100% at this point. Too much sugar, too much excitement, too much waiting?








Eventually, Sophia traded books with someone (they could do that).


I think she was more excited about her candy cane than her book.

All in all, it was a fun/crazy/long day. If I'd only known, the next day would be even longer.....

No comments: