Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Dad!!!!

Happy birthday dad! I cannot believe you turned 59 on Wednesday. Here you are at around 22. I'm around 6 months old, I think.


I think I'm around 9 months old here. I honestly wonder what was running through your head in these pics because I can barely handle my child and I'm 37 years old. Or maybe it's easier when you're younger, not so set in your ways?

Fast forward, to present day. 59 years old!!!! Next year, you'll be 60. How did this happen? Somewhere along the way, I stopped counting you and mom's ages. So when I saw the 5-9 candles, I was a little taken aback.

We met up at the Big Barn Barbecue in Smithfield for dinner on Friday.

It was very festive, complete with hats, balloons and whistle blower things.

Sometimes, I wonder what's going through her head too in photos. Those eyes!

Cousin Will was more than happy to show her the finer points in party blowers.


Dessert time! By the way, this was outdoors. It was a beautiful night and we couldn't have asked for better weather.

Here are Tim and Russell, hamming it up for the camera. Yep, you made the blog and you weren't even holding Sophia.


And Cousin Jack was more than happy to share his stash of gum. He was very generous with it.

Did I mention there was a live band? It was country-rock. And more than a little loud.


At first Sophia wasn't a big fan of the loudness.

But eventually, she embraced the loudness and start "head banging" to the music. In fact, she said, "Daddy, I want to take my clips out" at one point. Much better for head banging.







Sophia DID NOT want to leave. In fact there was a fit that wasn't captured with my camera.

After that, we went back to Aunt Robin and Uncle Tim's house to visit. I think some people managed to evade my camera, mom and Robin. Oh wait! I think I did to! :)
Happy birthday dad! We love you and hope you know how special you are to us all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time and I'm so proud of my family. Thanks for making it a special night to remember. Love you, Dad.

Unknown said...

What a sweet opost and fun family celebration! I can't get over how much your baby picture looks like Sophia!! So cute!