Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just Between Friends Sale

My friend Jill told me about this consignment program called Just Between Friends. They have sales all over the country. The 2 I'm going to participate in are in Ft. Worth (this weekend) and in Grapevine (towards the end of March). Basically, you tag your items and put them on hangers. You set the prices and you make (65% of what it sells for, 70% if you volunteer at the sale). They also accept baby equipment, toys, books, men's and women's clothing (and yes, maternity clothes, which was very good news to me because I bought clothes like crazy when I was pregnant), shoes, furniture etc. They have very specific rules for what they accept, how you tag it etc. And each sale is slightly different. So make sure you check the rules for your specific sale.

So needless to say, I was a little nervous about dropping off for my first sale. We dropped Sophia off at my parents house so we wouldn't have to watch her. But like I said, I was nervous and I think it was just the fear of the unknown. So I thought, why not help out my fellow mamas who might feel the same way if they were going to sale at this event.

Russell was kind enough to help me. My first tip would be that if you're going to do this from year to year, get a rolling cart. I got this one at Target for $60 and it made the whole experience so much easier. Also, sort your clothing by sizes and gender and have them in order. It will make putting them on the racks much easier.

And yes, Russell thought I was crazy for taking pictures.

Step 1

There's a consignor waiver and an envelope you have to fill out.

Pick up your info. sheet that has important info you may have forgotten or overlooked on the website. And it has a form for car seats to pick up.

Then we waited in line for step 3. But we only waited maybe 10 minutes.


Step 3
You check in and confirm that your info is correct. Have one item ready for them to scan and hand off your consignment waiver and envelope.

Then, it was off to step 4, the volunteer section. they ask if you want to volunteer but I'm not so off we went to Step 5.

Step 5
Inspection
Here, they inspect all your clothing and if it has spots, it's rejected. If it's out of season, this was the Spring/Summer sale, then it's rejected. But you can just bring the out of season items back for their Fall/Winter sale.


It took about 10 minutes for them to go through our stuff.

Then it was time to place our items on the sales floor.


In all, the process took maybe 45 minutes to 1 hour. We went at around 6 p.m., so I'm not sure if that's normal, slow, fast. But was expecting it to take much longer. Can't wait to see how much money we make! And I get to track that on-line everyday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow- I have been telling my sister we should this, but she got pregnant again :) this is not how i thought it would run, so this is very helpful! I can't wait to see what you make. Did you shop? Most of the girls i know mainly shop. I know the one in Austin is coming soon- maybe we can make the winter sale.