Monday, March 7, 2011

Things Can Change in the Blink of an Eye


 
It's been a slow week as far as pictures go. But I did manage to snap a few of Sophia dressed up to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday on Wednesday. I was super busy on Monday with dropping off our items at Just Between Friends, but it was well worth it. I made $262 (and that was mostly clothes). I didn't sell all of my items, so I'm going to put the remaining items in the Grapevine sale, plus all of our baby equipment. I've decided to put all of the money made at these sales into Sophia's savings account. So don't worry friends and family, the gifts you've given us will still be used for Sophia.
It's funny how quickly your life can change in an instant. A couple of weeks ago, Russell finally went to the Dr. for an ingrown hair that just needed to be removed on his neck (his dr. had recently retired, so he went to my dr. for the first time). The Dr. heard a murmur and referred Russell to a cardiologist. So, this past Wed., Russell went to the cardiologist and was told he had a defective valve (it's missing one of the parts, it's a genetic thing). So basically, he's going to have to have open heart surgery. We don't know when yet because his blood pressure was so high (180/100), they want to get that under control before they even talk about when. The Dr. did say it could be as early as a couple of months or as long as a year or 2. All I can say is THANK GOD (and no, I'm not using his name in vain, I really mean thank God), for that ingrown hair and for his Dr. retiring. Russell had been going to his Dr. since he was a kid and was never told he might have a heart issue. So now we're just waiting to see when his surgery will be.

On a lighter note, I wanteed to document a couple of things about Sophia (and most of you have already heard this if you're on facebook, but I print this out so I want it in the book).

The other morning she was throwing a fit because she didn't want to wear the outfit I'd picked out, and she said "Mom, my eyes are watering" and I said "No, honey, you're crying". Then later that same day, she was throwing another fit on the way home and she said"mom, my face is wet" and I said "Yes, Sophia, you've been crying". She just cracks me up.

She's REALLY into dress up and baby stuff right now. She's eating really good. She loves peaches, strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, apples. She's not a big fan of veggies at home but she'll at least try them. At school, she loves peas and green beans. She'll at least try everything on her plate. She's starting to want to pick our her own outfits and loves the color pink. She only want to wear her Tinkerbell underwear. And last night she told me she wants pink hair.  She LOVES all things princess and Tinkerbell. She loves playing games like Red Light, Green Light or racing.

7 comments:

Erin K said...

I forgot to add that she's starting to say "That's cool" or "cool" alot.

Allison said...

OH MY! So glad the doc found the issue but sorry there is one in the first place! Hope things get figured out quick and Russell can move on. Such great news that Sophia is turning into a great eater!!! In my world that is HUGE!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, Erin... how scary for you and Russell. Please, keep me posted. and a 2nd wow to $262... that is fantastic- way more than you would make in a garage sale or at Kid to Kid!! I will have to start thinking about the on here or in Austin soon! And what a little lady Sophia is turning into... it is bitter sweet, huh? Adam says I say this about every stage and age, but 3 is my favorite!!!

Anonymous said...

Keeping Russell in our thoughts and want to help in any way we can when his surgery rolls around.
Have I mentioned before that I believe Sophia and I might be kindred spirits? I would wear that Grinch outfit in a heartbeat and I, too, love all things pink! That little girl just makes me smile.
Tricia

Erin K said...

Correction! I thought the sale was over on Sun. We actually made $300.86!!!! WhooHooo!!!

Michelle Langley said...

Erin!! Keep us posted on Russell! Josh and I will be praying for you guys. Let us know if you need anything (We can watch Sophia for Dr.'s visits, etc). Let me know!

Janelle's Little Blog said...

Wow Erin! Yes, do keep us posted on Russell. I will keep you guys in my prayers also.
Sophia and her wet face crack me up!