Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chicken Nugget Recipe

Here is the recipe for the chicken nuggets. I got it from a cookbook called Baby and Toddler Meals for Dummies, suggested to me by my friend Kristy over at Next to Heaven. It's super easy and pretty healthy.

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts 
3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

(These are the measurements the recipe gives. I just usually just pour a bunch of cornflakes into a gallon size Ziploc bag with a handful of parm. and smash away with a meat tenderizer or anything heavy)

1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces (it says 1 inch). Combine the chicken, melted butter and  Worcestershire sauce and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Combine the crushed cornflakes and Parmesan cheese in a bowl (I use a Ziploc baggie).
4. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and press the chicken into the cornflake mixture (I just throw the chicken into my Ziploc bag with the cornflake mixture and shake). 
5. Arrange the pieces on a greased cookie sheet (I use Pam).
6. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. 

Super easy and tasty! Although, we've been serving this recipe for over a year and half now, she's just finally liking it. Repetitive exposure, taste buds changing, expanded taste pallet? I don't attempt to explain her sudden love of my nuggets but I'm just happy she's eating them....for now....I'm sure her mood will change and she'll un-love them at some point. 


2 comments:

Dina said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna make these soon!

kristy said...

I make so a little different, but need to try these- they sound healthier!