Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dear Russell,

Dear Russell,
     I know you won't read this because you don't check the blog, but once I print these pages to a book, I want to be able to look back at this time in our lives and for you to know how much I love you. And it's in writing, so it must be true!

     First of all, Happy Birthday! You are always so understanding with your birthday weeks. I always try to make them special but feel like it ends up a disaster. i.e., the Boston Cream Pie debacle. I hope you know how special you are. Because you are! 

Secondly, I want you to know what a great husband and father you are. You are such an amazing dad to Sophia and such a supportive, caring husband to me. And you better go to the flippin' cardiologist. I can't do this alone.

And the third thing I wanted to say is thank you for putting up with me all these years. We've been together for almost 18 years and they have been the most amazing 18 years of my life. I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime.

And the fourth thing is, thank you for giving me the greatest daughter in the world. She is by far my greatest creation (although, we had some scientific help with that and some help from above).

And finally, "thanks for asking". Inside joke!
I love you!
Love,
Erin

Today we celebrated Russell's 43rd birthday at my parent's house. It was a fun, relaxing day. Russell requested chicken Parmesan and banana pudding for dessert. I made brownies with some help from Sophia. 




And of course, Sophia was all about the chocolate. In fact, she begged me NOT to bring the brownies to the party because she wanted them all for herself.


Yes, Sophia. I was just talking about you!


1 comment: