Sunday, June 19, 2011

Turning 3

Dear Sophia,
     Bringing you home from the hospital was by far one of the scariest experiences of my life. Not because you were so terrible but because your dad and I had no clue as to what we were doing. Everyone else always made it look so easy. And you my girl, have never been easy. But I wouldn't have it any other way. You've taught me more about myself in just 3 years than I ever learned in the previous 37.

     Although so much about you has changed, so much of you has stayed the same. You're still very vocal. You know exactly what you want and exactly how to get it. You've always been "spicy". You've always been a little on the shy side around other people. You're very emotional and expressive. You're definitely not afraid to make your opinion known. And I love all of these things about you. I won't lie. At first, it scared me. Especially the vocal part in the beginning. But now I realize that a) I can handle whatever you dish up and b) these qualities will be good to have in the future, when you're a teenager.

    And of course there are things that have changed. You're potty trained. You're in a PK program. You "play" the piano. You're not as picky of an eater. You're more of a dare devil now with trying new things. You're expressing how you feel inside instead of just throwing an instant fit. You're in a gymnastics program. You are more vocal... and talk a mile a minute AND we can actually understand what you say. Before, we'd have to decipher it. You're hair is sooooo long! In fact, we need to go get a hair cut. You have this desire to pick out your own outfits. You have a shoe fetish with flip flops. You're obsessed with princesses. And you're just so brave sometimes. A year ago, you'd never have gotten up in front of a group of people to play the piano. I know I'm forgetting something important so I'll just add to this in the comments section.
     Having said all of this, I just want to know how much I love and adore you. You are the most amazing thing I've ever created. I can't believe I'm the lucky mom that gets to have you as my daughter. I couldn't be more proud to be your mom. In short, you are LOVED (by all).
    Here are a few pics to show how much you've grown over the past 3 years.

Day 2

First month

1st Birthday

2nd birthday

3rd birthday

1st Christmas

2nd Christmas

3rd Christmas

1st Halloween

2nd Halloween

3rd Halloween

Happy 3rd birthday my sweet girl!
XOXOXO,
Mom

3 comments:

Allison said...

Very sweet! I love all of the pictures too! Happy Happy 3rd Birthday to Princess Sophia!

Anonymous said...

This was so fun to read and so sweet! You've created A LOT of beautifully wonderful things, Erin, but you're right...Sophia is definitely the best.
Tricia

kristy said...

Aww... made me get tears! Cheers to the 03 for Sophia and mama! I am so grateful to get to be a part of them, even miles away!